Online Career Webpage For Job Seeking Professionals
So, you’ve developed a powerful resume, studied the art of interviewing, uploaded your resume to numerous online sites and are still struggling to get noticed by employers. To your surprise, it might not be the skills you possess that are holding you back, but rather how you showcase those skills.
An easy way to help you stand out from other candidates is by creating an online career portfolio. An online career portfolio is a professional and innovative way to display your resume, cover letter, and objectives while allowing employers to easily learn about your skills and knowledge to determine if you are the best person for the job.
Taking the initiative to create an online career portfolio that functions as your own personal webpage shows employers that you not only take pride in yourself but also in your work. There are several options available to you to showcase your skills and experiences in a unique way that a traditional resume cannot offer.
- Customizable Format – Don’t have the technical skills needed to create your own webpage? No worries. You can place your professional resume in an easy to read, customizable format regardless of your technical skill level with an online career portfolio. After you copy and paste your resume and cover letter into your portfolio, you can edit it on demand, which makes it easy to tailor your resume for each job you apply to.
- Professional Presentation – Organize and highlight your portfolio essentials. Feature your educational background, work history, volunteer activities, skills, and certifications & licenses in a clean, easy to access tabular format. Include kudos from your customers, clients, colleagues, past employers, and professors in the optional testimonial and letters of recommendation section.
- Online Reputation Security – More and more employers are looking to social networking sites to learn about candidates. Not only is it important to be sure you are showcasing yourself professionally on those sites, but that you take advantage of the opportunity to create an online portfolio to further strengthen your online image and ability to be found in search engines.
- Tailored Look and Feel – Choose a color scheme that best matches your personality and decide how your information is displayed to employers. You can even change your portfolio name to make it easier to remember.
- Give it a Personal Touch – Make an impression even before the interview by adding a professional photo of yourself. Add links to sites that host your accomplishments or showcase samples of your work. Leave no stone unturned with a convenient questions & answers section providing additional insight about you, the candidate.
You will distinguish yourself from other candidates while giving employers a detailed look at your skills, qualifications and more. An online career portfolio is a powerful way to market yourself as a business professional and get hired.
To get more information about online portfolio's or to start your professional online profile visit our premier portfolios.